Aug 25, 2011

UFC 134 - Predictions


The UFC travels back to Brazil Saturday night for what I believe is a great fight card. It is a big moment with a global audience ready to see what Brazil has in store. I love to hate Anderson Silva, who is by far the pound for pound greatest fighter MMA. He lost to Okami on a technicality but don't count on this bout to end the same way. You can check out the prelims on Facebook and on Spike. Here is what I am thinking will transpire on the main card.

Stanislov Nedkov vs Luiz Cane
Cane's last three fights have not made it out of the first round as he has posted a 1-2 record in those contests. He is coming off of a win. Nedkov is 11-0 but he is on a big stage Saturday night and I don't like his chances in his UFC debut. Cane via KO.

Ross Pearson vs Edson Barboza
I believe Barboza is a great talent. Coming off a decision victory in his last outing look for him to get the finish in this fight. Pearson is a tough cat but not tough enough to endure what Barboza has in store. Barboza wins via submission.

Brendan Schaub vs Minotauro Nogeira
Not a big fan of Nogeira. Schaub improves each outing and with his win over Cro Cop I don't see him losing this battle. Schaub takes this via KO.

Forrest Griffin vs Mauricio Rua
I will admit. I am buying into the hype of Shogun. What appears to happen is that after he loses he bounces back for a big win. He has a loss to Forrest and is coming off a beating at the hands of Jon Jones. I am not a Shogun fan. Lets get that out of the way. I do think he will defeat Forrest via a decision

Anderson Silva vs Yushin Okami
Middleweight Championship Fight
Okami holds a vitory over Silva. Good for him. This is easy to pick. Hard to go against Silva so I am not going to. Silva pulls out the win. A knockout of the night type win.

The Bluegrass MMA Live roundtable comes back to go over this fight card and talk about our predictions. Bragging rights are on the line as I look to get back in the win column after Fat Steve took the victory from me last time. Join us at 10:00 tonight or check the podcast on iTunes for what is sure to be a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Combat Inc.

Combat Inc.