Jan 27, 2011

Predictions: Strikefroce Diaz Vs Cyborg

Its Thursday, which means we are getting close to the weekend, so we feel it appropriate to dish out predictions on Saturday night's big Strikeforce card. Let me put a disclaimer here...I am almost ALWAYS wrong so if your betting the fights please don't rely on this guy to help secure your financial future.

The card looks to be exciting and with 2 belts on the line it should provide us with some good, if not great performances. So this is how I see it going down:

Trevor Prangley vs. Roger Gracie
  • Prangley has 30 fights to his credit with an impressive 23-6-1 record. He knows his way around a fight. Gracie is carrying a storied tradition of MMA with him but with only 3 fights to his name (all victories though) I give this to Prangley by decision.
Herschel Walker vs Scott Carson
  • No doubt in my mind that Walker comes into this fight being possibly one of the best prepared athletes of all time. His training is world class and lets face it, Carson doesn't even have a picture to put on Strikeforce's webpage. This is a gimme fight for Herschel and I see this being an early KO..maybe 2nd round.
Ronaldo Souza vs Robbie Lawler
  • Jacare vs Ruthless. I watched the Souza's last fight with Tim Kennedy and in my scoring I gave it to Tim. I also saw Lawler knock out Matt Linland and was impressed. Should be interesting with the World Middleweight Title hanging in the balance. My gut is telling me Lawler...so Lawler it is by knockout in the first round.
MAIN EVENT

Nick Diaz vs Evangelista Santos
  • Cyborg being the elder and with almost as many losses as wins I can't in good faith even say that this will be a good fight. Diaz should work that Stockton magic and win easily. I am a sucker for the underdog so I am going with CYBORG! Like I said, this is not a guide on who to bet on
There is my opnion on the matter...Subject to change when I am actually sitting in front of the TV watching. However I feel confident that Showtime and Strikeforce will put on a good card and who knows what will happen.

Dump

No comments:

Post a Comment

Combat Inc.

Combat Inc.