Jun 5, 2011

Why I Do What I Do

Here is something asked tonight that caught me off guard. Why do you do what you do? I suppose it was a question as to why I go to local shows all over the state of Kentucky. I have been from Pikeville to Bowling Green covering local MMA. The question took me by surprise. The easy version...I love it. It goes beyond that though.





Kentucky has such a great MMA community. From the fighters and gyms all the way up to the owners of these fight companies. I don't deal with every promotion in the state, I deal with those that in my opinion have the best interest of the fighter and fan at heart. You will never hear me bad mouth or even speak ill towards a company. Not my style. You will, however, hear me give my honest opinions about the shows I do attend. Why are they honest? I have no vested interest in these companies putting on the shows. I don't ask them for anything other than permission to be at the event and do my live blogging. It is their choice to put me cage side. I have been allowed a press pass but I have bought tickets for EVERY show I've been to. You see ad's here on BluegrassMMA.com. Free. I do not charge for ads because I want to help these guys out who are helping out fighters and fight companies in Kentucky.

We are new to the scene. I bring a different person to each show. It's hard to find someone dedicated to travel across the state with you weekend after weekend. I put in a great deal of time to make sure you, the reader, get real news and stories about what is happening in Kentucky. Am I crazy for doing this? I don't think so. People follow baseball teams all over, why not MMA.

 I can't be at every show, even though I would love to be. I have a super supportive wife who allows me to do what I love. She goes to the shows from time to time and enjoys it too. We have met some great people traveling around and I look forward to meeting even more people.

There is the run down of why. I can't see changing anything now but who knows. As long as I am blessed with the means to do what I do, I will do it. Along the way I want everyone to know that I thank & appreciate all of our followers, readers and friends.

See ya at the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Combat Inc.

Combat Inc.