Jan 23, 2011

Post Fight Results For UFC's Fight For The Troops

Dave in the blog

Matt Wiman defeats Cole Miller



In a featured lightweight bout, Matt Wiman neutralized Cole Miller's  grappling skills, kept Miller on his back and swarmed him with heavy ground-and-pound  to a surprisingly one-sided unanimous decision. I actually cant Figure out what was wrong with Miller tonight he just looked like he was not in the fight at all. He had no answer for Wiman's crazy ground-and-pound. Maby Wiman is ready to move up to some higher top ranked opponents. Matt Wiman was the man tonight.





Pat Barry defeats Joey Beltran


Barry leg kicks his way to victory over Beltran
Barry connected more than 20 leg kicks, 18 of them in the final two rounds -- and took a unanimous decision in this heavyweight bout. Pat came out kicking just like in his fight with Cro Cop, except he made these kicks count especially in the last 2 rounds. This was an interesting fight for me because I actually thought that Beltran won the first rd and most of the second. Barry came on strong at the end of the second and I guess it paid off for him, but  what do I know the judges scored it unanimous all 3 rds to Barry 





Mark Hominick defeats George Roop


Mark Hominick was sharp tonight, as he stopped his old training partner George Roop on first-round strikes and secures his shot at the UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo. Hominick defeats Roop 88 seconds into Round 1. Not much to say on this fight other than Hominick beat Roop like a step child. It will be interesting to see if he can do the same aginst Jose Aldo. Will have to wait and see should be a good one.



Matt Mitrione defeats Tim Hague


"The Ultimate Fighter" Season 10 alum Matt Mitrione Pounded the sideburns off Tim Hague in a heavyweight co mainevent, as he beat away the former KOTC  champion with punches 2 minutes, 59 seconds into the first round. Yeah my boy Mitrione beats the crap out of Hague tonight. I called this one. One of my 2 fights I called right tonight Matt looked the best he has ever looked inside the Octagon. He was much quicker and lighter on his feet than ever before. Man Duke Roufus has really improved Mitrione skills for sure.



Melvin Guillard Defeats Evan Dunham

An injury replacement for Kenny Florian, Guillard upset the world-ranked Evan Dunham in the UFC "Fight for the Troops 2" mainevent. Guillard took out Dunham with punches and knees 2:58 into round one, as he extended his winning streak to four fights and announced himself as a contender at 155 pounds. What can I say, I know this much with domination like Guillard showed tonight I dont see how they could have called this one a upset. Guillard dominated from the time the bell rank to the nearly 3 mins he pounded on Dunham. All I can say is watch out for anybody else that gets in his way.

Well the UFC has done it again another awesome card, even though i thought it was a little weak at first I was proven wrong once more. I see that being a trend as of here late I need to work on my thinking. Well thanks to all of our followers and visitors and Twitter buddies tonight for all the great UFC action and play by. So until next time, this is Dave and Bluegrassmma will see you in the Octagon.

1 comment:

  1. Dave you write as if your the announcer on a game show. SON...

    ReplyDelete

Combat Inc.

Combat Inc.