Jun 17, 2011

On The Road Again..

For the 3rd straight week I will load up and hit the road to cover a great Kentucky MMA show. This weekend it was a toss up on where to go. Both Absolute Action MMA and Hard Rock MMA were holding shows on the same night. Turns out Chad Cunningham with CageCraze.com will be close to home and is covering Hard Rock MMA 36 in Elizabethtown. I will be returning to the Midwest Sports Complex in Florence Kentucky to cover Absolute Action MMA XV.



What makes this whole venture worthwhile is the feedback I receive from people who enjoy what I am doing. I'm not patting myself on the back, I have a lot to learn about journalism and such, but it makes you feel good to know that people pay attention to what you do. I am not a professional but try to be real about what's going on from the prospective of an average fan.



What is exciting at this point in time is that promoters and matchmakers are raising the bar each week making Kentucky MMA that much better. I have said this before but I think we are on the cusp of something special here in the good ol' Commonwealth. To accomplish the goal of being a major player globally in MMA it will take a team effort. By team I mean it will take the gyms, trainers, media, promoters, sponsors and anyone trying to be associated with MMA to get on the same page and push this thing forward. As corny as it may sound, united we stand, divided we fall.

So check out the action going down this weekend across the state. We will be doing live blogging from Florence and you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get our commentary. Can't join us? AAMMA XV will be broadcast live on Wazoo Sports and available on pay-per-view via GoFightLive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Combat Inc.

Combat Inc.