Apr 16, 2011

Fan Spotlight - Jerron Yost

Bluegrass MMA is very thankful for our loyal followers and supporters. Honestly its a bit overwhelming at times to know that people read and enjoy what we do. Our focus is Kentucky MMA but our fans have extended beyond the borders of the Bluegrass. There are so many that we talk to and communicate with almost daily that we felt we should spotlight a few. Some are fellow bloggers, some are MMA companies and most are MMA fans. Since we don't have anything going on this weekend to cover in Kentucky we wanted to spotlight a young man who is a follower and fan of Bluegrass MMA. Jerron Yost is a 17 year old young man who is autistic. I'm not telling you that for you to give your sympathies, merely setting up that even though he is autistic you would not know it by communicating with him. He is a great follower of MMA and has a great blog where he shares his thoughts at http://cageinformer.wordpress.com/. He took some time to answer some questions so we can introduce him to those that may have not had the pleasure of knowing him.







First off, tell us about yourself and how you became a fan of MMA.

"Well, my Twitter profile tells most everything about my life: Proud Christian (Jesus is my Lord, Savior, and Best Friend), autistic (not as bad as you would think and certainly not necessary to cure), and MMA fan. I started watching MMA about four years ago; it was nothing more simple than my dad showing me the fight between Lyoto Machida and Tito Ortiz from UFC 84 on an old episode of Undisputed. It became my passion, and like a good autistic, I learned every single thing I could about the sport, from the fighters to the techniques to the screwjobs"

Who are your favorite fighters?

"Anderson Silva, Diego Sanchez, and here's one a lot of people don't think about. He was a PRIDE fighter by the name of Daijiro Matsui. He was the guy to knock Pele from greatest MMA kickboxer of that age to complete unknown. Always an exciting fighter; he fought like a heavier version of Sakuraba."

Other than MMA what are the things you enjoy?

"I honestly don't have much of a life. I play video games every now and then, but most of my energies are based in my faith and my future career."

How has social networks such as Twitter and Facebook helped you go beyond your neck of the woods and how has your experience been meeting people who enjoy the things you do?

"There's a lot of people I definitely wouldn't have met otherwise but through Twitter. The biggest thing it's helped me with is the reason I started a Twitter in the first place: job networking. I've grabbed three writing gigs through Twitter (got fired from FightHubTV because dang Buffalo Wild Wings wouldn't let me watch the Bellator show I was supposed to recap), and the two that stuck around are still good friends of mine. Like I've mentioned a lot, I'm a lot more normal online, so that's helped. Social networking has been my only autism therapy."

You have good thoughts and commentary on your blog, tell us about why you started it and where you want to see it go.

"I started it for no greater reason than Twitter having too dang few characters. Having an actual blog made more sense than just doing everything through Twitlonger. At that point it sort of took on a life of its own, even though I get more RTs and stuff from Mud Dawgs. My only goal with it is to keep it running and maybe use it as a vehicle to get on with Sherdog or Junkie as a Canadian consultant of some kind."

Anyone you want to give a shout out to? Friends, followers or family?

"First of all, he was my second Twitterview: the guy's name is Bill Hoyler, @pancancerfightr. He has a petition he's circulating to get the UFC to have a "Fight to End Cancer" card; the more people sign it, the more likely it gets noticed. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/hoyler-hunt/ Also, y'all should follow my "friends of higher authority", @MMATalkRadio & @MudDawgsMMA. I'm staff at both sites; you'll enjoy it. For just straight shoutouts, thanks to everyone who supports me with their follows, RTs, prayers, and everything else; they're sincerely appreciated. Finally, I really just have to thank God again. He's the one who made all this work; I take no credit for anything."

There you have it. A great follower of Bluegrass MMA and good young man. Be sure to follow him on Twitter at @cageinformerJY and check our links to his blog. Stay tuned for more fan spotlights in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Combat Inc.

Combat Inc.