Apr 1, 2011

Expectations

Today we are taking a minute to reflect a little bit. Before you click off this page and wonder why we are talking reflection hear me out. Becoming a MMA fan early on when the sport was in its infancy I have been able to watch the sport evolve into a main stream outlet for a new generation of fighters. When this site first started we had no other intention than to try to spark a conversation about MMA because here in Kentucky we were thirsty for it. That being said I can relay to you know that our thirst is being quenched. Bluegrass MMA has been blessed to have been put in contact with some OUTSTANDING individuals in the fighting world. Better than that these top notch guys are from right here in the Bluegrass State. Our focus has switched and our purpose now has taken root with promoting Kentucky fighters and regional Kentucky events.

My expectations when reaching out to promoters, match makers and fighters were to maybe get a little response or a very short and to the point answer to my questions. Suprisingly these guys running these events and training in the gym to get their shot have been very accomodating. We are by no means a main stream outlet nor do we want to be but the attention we can provide these men & women here in the state seems to mean quite a bit to them. Our goal now is to try and build our relationships with all the people involved with KY MMA. We want to be a voice for them, a voice for the fighter that trains day after day, a voice for the promoter dreaming of bringing a live event to the hills of Eastern Kentucky or to the small town out west. We expect that we will help these people and that is where our passion is.

I leave you with a question. What is your expectation of us. I know someone is reading this somewhere. You can't hide, I have a view counter.  So tell us what you want to see and hear about. How can we help each other. We have committed to going to some shows and making ourselves known. By all means if we can assist you tell us.

If your attending the Absolute Action MMA Anniversary Show tomorrow night please come introduce yourself to us. We are excited to be there and  want to thank Billy Donovan, Dr. Parag Patel and Chris Smith. These guys are certified respectable and have taken time to help us help them.

1 comment:

  1. I had an awesome time tonight!! This was the first time I've attended any MMA fights and I had a blast. Thanks for letting me hang out with the Bluegrass MMA crew! I'll wear my shirt proudly as often as I can. :D

    ReplyDelete

Combat Inc.

Combat Inc.