Mar 17, 2011

Youth vs Knowledge

Dave in the Blog:
Well fight fans 2 days away from seeing just what Jon “BONES” Jones is all about. I have really did a lot of pondering on this fight I can not see or predict a outcome for this match up I know what Shogun Rua is all about I have been watching him fight since PRIDE, I know Rua has fought wars in the ring went the distance with a lot of good fighters and usually more than not, coming out the victor. But this Jones kid is a firecracker he comes out swinging, shooting just trying to decapitate the man in front of him I definitely think he has the tools to beat any 205 pounder in the UFC but has he got the ring know how. Shogun knows what it is like to grind out a 25 minute fight does Jones? Jones is a lot like Rua when he first started out fighting in the since he was young and good on the mat. I just seem to think that Jones really doesn’t deserve this fight yet but he could definitely go in there and walk away the champion with that in your face swing for the fence, spinning back elbow style he has. But I also could see Rua kicking Jones in the head or putting him in one of those crazy submissions I cant even pronounce or even let alone spell. Either way I could see this being fight of the year and definitely fight of the night, but I am not going to pick a winner for this fight to hard but I am going to say that all of us fight fans that will get to see the fight will be the winners because this should be a great fight with plenty of hair raising action.
I would love to get your thoughts on who will win this match please feel free to leave some comments.

3 comments:

  1. Fight of the year is really stretching it here pal. I don't know if you got to see Diego Sanchez and Martin Kampmann or not but that so far is the fight of the year and in my top 5 of all time. The struggle at the moment is old school vs new school. There is 6 years difference in age for the fighters but Shogun has been in some wars. He is dangerous no doubt but Jones is priming up to be one of the greats himself. Should be a good fight but Jones should win this with ease. Neither of the Machida fights impressed me and re-watching how sluggish Shogun was with Forrest Griffin this might end quickly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dump here. I agree that Jones could run through the 205 division. I don't think that his lack of experience will hurt him at all. He's been in fights with guys who did have all the know how and beat the likes of Brandon Vera, Stephan Bonnar and would have beat Matt Hammil if he had a bit more control with his elbow. This card will be decent, I am not saying it will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coleman and Randleman are the only who wrestlers who Shogun has ever faced, and he has never faced a modern day great MMA wrestler. If Jones plays to Jacksons tactics and times the takedowns I see his size and strenght being too much and wearing Shogun down. However it is a lot to ask a phenominally young fighter to achieve in his first title shot. If Jones doesn't let his hype get to him he should win but we can never count Shogun out.

    ReplyDelete

Combat Inc.

Combat Inc.