May 27, 2011

Bluegrass MMA's UFC 130 Predictions


It has been awhile but we are back with a UFC prediction. We have really been focused on Kentucky MMA but we thought this would be a great time to do this again. UFC 130 has been event riddled with injuries but looks to be a great show. Tonight on Bluegrass MMA Live we will be having a round table-esque discussions with our picks from the main card. I thought I would share mine early.


Brian Stann vs Jorge Santiago- This should be a great fight but how can you not want Stann to win. I see Stann taking this one in a great battle.  Gary's pick -Stann


Thiago Alves vs Rick Story-  Story is has put together a string of victories but we know how tough Alves is. This is a hard one to call.  Gary's pick - Story


Stefan Struve vs Travis Browne-  We aren't picking the Bonus awards tonight but in my heart I want this to be Fight of The Night. I am a Struve fan but Browne is undefeated. These big fellas should be highly entertaining. I do not see this going the distance. Gary's Pick -Struve


Frank Mir vs Roy "Big Country" Nelson- Battle of the Bulge right here. Big Country can take a punch. He proved that in the JDS fight. Can Nelson handle the submission attempts that we know Mir is capable of. Mir has too many weapons in his bag and I see him taking this one. Gary's pick -Mir


Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs Matt "The Hammer" Hamill - I am a huge fan of both of these guys. I hate that Rampage's head isn't quite where it used to be. He is still a tough guy capable of big things but Hamill has the heart of a true champion. I really don't want to call this one. Gary's pick Rampage.


There you have it. On the line tonight is a Bellum Couture T-shirt. Big Dave, Fat Steve and Will Mitch will join me at 10 to give their picks. You can get our thoughts and commentary on all things UFC 130 by going to Twitter and following @BluegrassMMA and @davethebarber78. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Combat Inc.

Combat Inc.